The East of England has a diverse array of retail businesses that cross a variety of sub-sectors including beauty, fashion, baby & child, homeware and giftware. There is clear global demand for these quality British retail goods, particularly in the premium and luxury sectors, and our brands contribute significantly to the regions international sales.
Alongside our well known brands such as Molton Brown, MotherCare, The Cambridge Satchel Company, Costa Coffee and Tesco, we also have an exciting cluster of unique, innovative companies who are lighting up the retail sector such as iCandy, Onoto Pens, Amara Living, Cambridge Satchel, Startrite, GB Kent, F&F, Hotel Chocolat.
East of England Retail Taskforce
Our East of England Retail Taskforce has been put together to support retail & consumer businesses through the development and implementation of proactive initiatives designed to add value for our clients. It is one of just four Taskforces in Exemplas Trade Services.
- Simon Crosland
- Taskforce Chair
- Jose Richart
- Countries of expertise: Spain, Japan, Latin America
- Areas of expertise: Retail (Homeware & Lifestyle), Food & Drink
- Mary Lewis
- Countries of expertise: Australia, New Zealand, USA
- Areas of expertise: Retail (Beauty & Fashion)
- Vivish George
- Countries of expertise: India, Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Areas of expertise: Digital, eCommerce, SEO
- Kevin Price
- Countries of expertise: Germany
- Areas of expertise: Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)
- Simon Crosland
Events and initiatives
The East of England Retail Taskforce organises events and initiatives both in the UK and overseas markets to help drive the international sales of retail and consumer companies in the region. They include:
The East of England Retail Cluster
The cluster consists of companies in baby & child, beauty, fashion, giftware and homeware sub-sectors and meet every 2-3 times a year to share information and knowledge about the sector and specific export related topics.
The East of England Retail and Luxury Brochure
This brochure collates the best premium and luxury brands that the region has to offer. The brochure is sent to our colleagues in British Embassies around the world to be shared with buyers interested in UK products.
The Retail Summit, Dubai
In 2018 the Retail Taskforce led an overseas initiative to The Retail Summit in Dubai, which was an event that brought together 800 senior executives from the fashion, homeware and beauty sectors. Not only was this seen as a great opportunity for our East of England retailers to learn from of the world’s top retail exporters from around the world, but it also allowed us to add value to the mission by organising a pre-event reception with local buyers and distributors from the Middle East. The 9 clients that were invited on the mission were handpicked by the Taskforce as companies with high potential to sell in the Middle Eastern market. This pre-qualification of our delegation meant that the business meetings that were had with the local buyers and distributors were of real value. Read the full news article here.
- AMRA Skincare
- Hertfordshire-based AMRA Skincare reveal their exporting success story and explain how we helped them to grow their business across the Middle East. Read full story here.
- Jardine of London
- Undercover Glamour outline how they took their products across the globe with our support. Read full story here.
- Amara Living
- Luxury home products company Amara, based in Essex, share their exporting success story and explain how we helped them continue to grow their business globally. Read full story here.
- AMRA Skincare
The East of England has 4 Export Champions from the Retail and Consumer sector who will be happy to offer export help, guidance and support based on their experiences as international exporters. They are: