Have you ever considered exporting? Thought about creating an export plan, but not sure what steps to take?
85% of companies claim exporting has led to a level of growth not otherwise possible. A company who exports can benefit from greater demand due to a larger customer pool and have a higher chance to become more profitable if a well-thought out plan is implemented, creating a competitive advantage over its rivals. In addition, due to higher demand there will be an increase in production which can lead to larger economies of scale and improved margins.
Global trade is growing and changing rapidly, and UK businesses are superbly placed to take full advantage of the opportunities presented.
Evidence shows that small and medium-sized businesses that export achieve higher turnover growth, innovate more and create more jobs; but exposure to international competition also brings challenges and risks.
Not only do companies who begin selling internationally increase their customer pool, they also become more economically resilient to market downturns.
But that is where Export Academy comes into play:
The Export Academy programme gives small and medium sized businesses the knowledge and expertise to export. Led by experts at the Department for International Trade and a range of external specialists, this course has been tailored to help companies overcome common challenges that businesses may face when they first start to export.
The programme is comprised of 8 core modules including:
- Market Research
- Export Procedures and Routes to Market
- Pricing Strategy
- Understanding International Commercial Terms
- Understanding Custom Procedures, Tariffs and Export Controls
- Movement of Money
The programme also offers:
- A wide range of one-off value add events. Previous topics include: Selling on Amazon, Leadership for International Trade, Build an International Digital Strategy, Internationalising your Website, Creating a Commercial Invoice, Blogging for Business and so much more.
- 1-2-1 sessions with export experts to answer your questions from the programme’s core modules and to help ensure that your export strategy factors in all the key considerations.
- Regional roundtable sessions to meet other companies in your county and learn from their experiences.
And so much more.
Businesses that complete the 8 core modules will leave the course with a completed export action plan which can be taken back to the company to immediately implement and take their business to international customers.
This programme is suitable for companies focused on either goods or services. This is an unmissable opportunity for companies who want to make exporting part of their business growth plan and pro-actively sell internationally.
Whether you are new to exporting, have your first order from an international client or are new to an exporting role, this programme will provide you with the knowledge and confidence to begin your company’s journey into international markets.
This programme will be running until June 2022 with the core modules being repeated, so if you are not able to make one session you will be able to join it later in the programme.
The Department for International Trade in the East of England, West Midlands and East Midlands
For more information:
T: +44 (0) 345 222 0159