Generate, create and publish articles for international media
September 19 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Building brand reputation and promoting your company can be challenging when entering an overseas market. Publishing in national news and trade publications can be an excellent way to boost your international visibility, gain professional credibility and drive traffic to your website.
A news article, interview piece or feature in a large publication differs from traditional marketing as it generates authentic and trust-based connections with potential customers. However getting coverage in a high-profile publication is incredibly competitive and you need to ensure that your article makes the right impression.
The Department for International Trade in the East of England have joined with journalist Natalie Chalk from Power of the Press for this free interactive morning workshop. You will leave with practical and straightforward strategies you can use immediately to maximise your press coverage and make a splash.
Topics which will be covered include:
- What your company should be shouting about and how to get press ready
- Where journalists find their stories
- How newspapers work – who is in the newsroom, who reads your press release, what the news desk does to it and their deadlines
- The opportunities for your press coverage: columns, comments and case studies
- The difference between news agencies, papers and digital news platforms
- How to deal with reporters and understand what information they need
- Who to send your press release to and press release etiquette
Being published in a newspaper or trade magazine allows your company to reach a huge audience and highlight the company as a leading expert in your field. This workshop will teach you how to create successful stories, the elements your story needs to get published and how to establish credibility in an international market.