Opportunities for UK companies to increase service exports to Russia: key findings of PwC Report
9th June 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
On 09 June 2021, DIT Russia is hosting a webinar jointly with PwC to inform the UK companies about key opportunities to increase services exports to Russia and available DIT support.
Russian services market
Russia is the 11th largest economy in the world and imports over £71bn of services each year.
Department for International Trade (DIT) commissioned a special study to PWC to explore the potential to increase the amount of services the UK sells to Russia. According to this study, there is an estimated £1.4bn opportunity to grow UK services exports to Russia in several priority sectors.
PWC experts will present the key findings of the research which answer the following questions:
● What is the current picture for Russian services imports, and how is this likely to change over the next few years?
● What services does the UK specialise in, and how do these perform in the Russian services market?
● Which service sectors have the highest potential for the UK to increase its footprint in the Russian market?
● What market access barriers are preventing UK exporters from accessing the Russian market?
● How could these market access barriers be addressed and reduced?
Trevor Lewis , Counsellor, Director of Trade & Investment Russia
Dr David Armstrong, Partner, PwC UK
Nikolay Lantsev, Partner, PwC Russia
* The priority for registration approval will be given to the UK companies operating in the Services sector.